Celebrate World Kindness Day
We’re always looking for ways to make “kind” the new cool for our kids. And with World Kindness Day coming up on November 13, we thought it was the perfect time to explore some tactics for inspiring children to put the best versions of themselves out in the world. After all, teaching our kids compassion for others is one of the best gifts we can give them. So let’s spread some kindness together!
Practice Random Acts of Kindness
We’ve all heard stories about strangers who pay for each other’s coffee or car tolls as a way to “pay it forward.” Random acts of kindness—no matter how small—can be a powerful way to lift spirits and make people feel connected. Try these ideas for grownups and kids:
- Let a shopper go in front of you in line at the grocery store
- Pay a compliment to someone who gives you great service at a cafe
- Pick up litter at the park or beach
- Hold the elevator for someone in a rush
- Remember to return your shopping cart
- Help someone struggling with heavy packages or bags
- Draw a picture for a friend and slip it in their backpack
- Offer to walk your neighbor’s dog or pet-sit while they’re away
- Ask a child sitting alone to join you at your lunch table
- Call your grandparents or another relative out of the blue to make their day
- Do chores without being asked
- Let your friend go first when playing a game
Offer a Warm Welcome
Be the self-appointed “welcoming committee” for any new faces that come into your life—whether it’s the family that just moved down the block or the coworker who’s knee-deep in the onboarding process at the office. Put together a welcome basket filled with homemade cookies, a coffee mug, stationary and fun treats—such as Go Organically Organic Fruit Snacks. You’ll win them over right from the start!
The ultimate act of kindness is helping those in need. By giving back as a family through community service, you’ll set a great example for your kids while engaging in a meaningful bonding experience. Start a food or clothing drive in your neighborhood, or volunteer together at a local soup kitchen or animal shelter. Check out this post for more service-minded ideas!
Happy World Kindness Day from all of us at Go Organically Organic Fruit Snacks. Made with real fruit, our gluten-free, nut free fruit snacks are the perfect choice for your on-the-go life. Be sure to follow us on Facebook for more family-approved ideas and inspiration!