Show Some Love this Valentine’s Day
Can you feel cupid getting ready to draw back his bow? Valentine’s Day is almost here! And while we love flowers and heart-shaped boxes of chocolate as much as the next person, we think there are SO many other fun ways to celebrate the season of affection—especially with little kids around. So gather up the family and get ready to be creative this Valentine’s Day with these unexpected expressions of love.
Serve Heart-Shaped Foods
Themed foods are always a big hit with kids…and let’s face it, parents too! Start off the day with heart-shaped pancakes. You can either eyeball the shape yourself or place a heart-shaped cookie cutter on your griddle for a more perfectly-formed heart. Add some mini chocolate chips for a dash of indulgence, then dust with powdered sugar. For lunch, use that same cookie cutter to surprise kids with a heart-shaped sandwich in their lunchbox. And for dinner? We can’t think of anything more perfect than heart-shaped pizza. Some local pizza parlors make heart-shaped pies just for Valentine’s Day, so it never hurts to call! Or buy the dough yourself and shape it into a heart on your pizza pan before adding sauce, shredded cheese and your favorite toppings.
Make Semi-Homemade Valentine’s Cards
Need Valentine’s Day cards or treats for your child’s class? We love finding that perfect middle ground between creating projects from scratch and going the store-bought route. Enter our semi-homemade Valentines! Start by picking up some standard perforated classroom cards and fill in the “to” and “from” fields. Next, staple each card to pouch of Go Organically Organic Fruit Snacks. Our yummy, kid-friendly treats are the perfect size to attach to your cards! You can even write a cheeky message to tie in with our flavors, such as:
- Mixed Berry: “Have a Berry Good Valentine’s Day!”
- Fruit Medley: “Orange You Glad We’re Friends?”
- Tropical: “You’re the Pineapple of My Eye!”
Put Together a Thoughtful Gift
Personalized presents are the best—especially when they come from the heart. Here are a few of our favorite tailor-made V-Day gift ideas that you can work on with the kids:
- Daddy Caddy: Buy a small carrying case and fill it with a bunch of handy items for dad to take on the go—like tissues, hand sanitizer, lens wipes and a mini notebook. Add Go Organically Organic Fruit Snacks for a yummy snack dad will love.
- Mama Mixtape: Put together a custom CD or digital playlist with mom’s favorite songs. Bonus points if they’re love-themed!
- Kid Koupons: Create currency for your kiddos that can be traded in for special privileges—like breakfast in bed or a chore-free night.
- Teacher Treasure Box: Decorate a desktop trinket box for your child’s teacher using colorful paint and stick-on gems. Fill it with useful teacher “treasures” like sticky notes, binder clips, rubber stamps and more.
Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Go Organically! Made with real fruit, our gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free kids snacks are a great choice for your on-the-go life. Be sure to follow us on Facebook for more kid-friendly ideas!